Salad Fingers is the main character of the Salad Fingers series. He is a mentally-fractured individual who often hallucinates and believes in his delusions. Despite this, he means well and is friendly to everyone he encounters, though at times he will untentionally harm them without being aware of it. It is shown that he enjoys the sensation of rubbing his fingers on rusty objects, such as spoons and taps.
Salad Fingers is a bald, hunchbacked, green-skinned humanoid with red eyes and three, prong-like fingers on each hand. His teeth are yellow and rotted. In every episode, he wears a teal, long-sleeved shirt, blue pants, and brown shoes, with the only exception being the party hat he wears in episode ten.
Salad Fingers lives in a desolate, unnamed land in the UK which is inhabited by mutant creatures. His home is a small shack located in the middle of nowhere. He frequently references the "Great War" and may be a soldier who served in World War I, although it has presumably ended by the time the series takes place. Apart from that, all that is known about his past can be interpreted from things he has said while hallucinating. It is heavily implied that Salad Fingers has dissociative identity disorder and acts out different personalities, some of which may have been that of people he once knew. Specifically, he may have had a troubled relationship with members of his family, as evidenced by the authorative, abusive personalities he takes on in episodes such as Present and Cupboard. In episode eleven, we see relatives of Salad Fingers, though it is unknown if his glass family are real entities or more hallucinations.
- Salad Fingers is voiced by David Firth. He has a queer manner of speaking and frequently uses old-fashioned phrases.
- He can speak french and communicate in morse code.
- He was theorized to be a zombie, but this was debunked by Firth. Salad Finger's true identity, age, and species are unknown. His gender is also debated by fans, though it could be explained as him being a male who acts out female personalities.
- Salad Fingers appears to be talented at sewing, as evidenced by the fact that his shoes are stitched together, the finger puppets he owns are high quality, and he was able to create a suit out of flesh for Hubert Cumberdale.
- It is hard to determine whether the reality Salad Fingers lives in is real or a product of madness. He may have retreated into his mind to cope with hardships.